Creating new camps is easy!
The camps feature in iClassPro is great for scheduling short-term enrollments (1week or less) and one-time events! Set up dynamic schedules using a single date and time, varied dates and times, or weekly camp schedules. Enrollments are flexible so that parents can either choose which days to enroll or be signed up for the whole camp schedule automatically.
Before you create a camp, you should have gone through the setup process in the Getting Started Guide.
Other setup: Camps must be assigned to a program (for financial records, Settings>Setup>General Settings>Programs) and a camp type (for Parent Portal display, Settings>Setup>Camp Settings).
Use these quick links to navigate the article quickly!
STEP 1: Create Programs to track income
STEP 2: Create a Charge Category for camp income
STEP 4: Create a Camp Type (Optional)
STEP 1: Create Programs to track income
Go to Settings>Setup>General Settings> Programs.
All camps must be attached to a program to record charges and track enrollments.
If you already have a program you would like to record income under for this camp, you can skip this step.
STEP 2: Create a Charge Category to track income
Go to Settings>Setup>General Settings>Charge Categories.
All charges associated with camps created from the parent portal will have the same charge category label.
If you already have a charge category you would like to record income with for this camp, you can skip this step.
Go to Settings>Setup>General Settings>Pricing Schedules.
1. Click Create New.
2. Name the Pricing Schedule.
3. Choose how to count students/attendees.
One at a time: Each sibling in a family that gets enrolled is assigned a column of unique pricing in the Pricing Schedule.
Total: The siblings in the family will use the pricing column that matches the total number of siblings. (Two siblings will get the prices in column two, three from column three, etc.)
4. If you are charging a deposit amount on sign up and the remainder of the price later on, enter the deposit amount for each student here. This can be a dollar or percentage of tuition.
5. Enter the Full Pricing for each combination of blocks here (including Deposit amounts in the total.)
6. If offering Special Discounts for families marked as members, employees, or in service- enter the amounts or percentages in the Special Discounts tab.
7. Save the pricing schedule.
IN THIS EXAMPLE: Children can enroll in this camp from 1 day/block up to the full 5 days/blocks. The price will vary for the number of days enrolled. For 1 day, we charge $20. Each additional day up to 4 is another $10. If the child is enrolled the full 5 days, I discount tuition to $55.
For a second sibling, an additional $5 is discounted from the price. For a third sibling or more, the total price is decreased by $10.
Go to Settings>Setup>Camp Settings>Camp Types.
All camps must be attached to a camp type. By default, your account will include a camp type titled "Camp." You can create additional camp types by adding a singular and plural title to the settings. Each camp type will create a new navigation link in the parent portal for searching specific camp types.
Go to the Camps page.
The Details Tab
The User Defined Tab
The Schedule Tab (Camp Blocks)
Other Parent Portal Options
In addition to the options in the Parent Portal tab on each camp, there are options under Settings>Parent Portal>Camp Registration that need your attention.
Count Camp Requests Against A Camp Openings
- This works the same as on the class. Camp enrollment requests will count against the openings even before it is approved or denied. This can prevent you from receiving too many requests for a class that you can't fulfill. But, at the same time, you may not want to enable this if you want to receive ALL requests even if the camp is full.
Allow Parent To Request A Camp That Is Full.
- This gives your parents the ability to send you a request for a Camp that is full. You then have the ability to over-ride the enrollment limit to complete the enrollment.
Allow Parent To Request A Camp For A Student That Does Not Meet Camp Requirements Such As Age Or Gender.
- Gives your parents the ability to request an enrollment into your Camp without meeting your gender or age requirements. If the setting is checked, the requirements are skipped and the request is sent in to the staff using the Online Activity section of iClassPro for approval. If it is unchecked, the parent will receive a warning message if the student they are trying to enroll does not meet age or gender requirements and will not be allowed to continue.
Require Payment When Modifying Camp Schedules.
- Allows you to require a payment for families which are modifying an existing camp enrollment to include more days. The drop down menu will give you two options:
Charge the Difference- Charge an amount based on the difference in pricing listed the pricing schedule for each number of blocks (before and after the modification). RECOMMENDED
- Charge the Remainder Owed- Charge an amount based on the difference between what has already been charged to the customer and
the new price for the enrollment as seen in the ricing schedule.
Charge Nothing if Deposit Due Only is set on the Camp When Modifying a Schedule.
- In the case that a customer is editing an existing camp enrollment to add more days, and the only charge/payment up front for that camp is the deposit amount, this will not add any additional fees for the remaining balance because it assumes the deposit amount has already been paid.
- This feature uses the Anniversary fee program and charge category selected in the class section to also charge this fee for customers who have not paid within the timeframe on your Anniversary Settings and who are signing up for a camp, instead of a class.
Allow Parent to Modify Camp Schedule
- Lets customers modify an existing camp enrollment to add or remove blocks.
Auto-Approve Charge Category.
- This is the label of the charge that is given to the Family when enrolling in a camp. This is a required field, even if you are not charging up front online for any of your camps because the camps can each be set to charge differently.
Auto-approve Tax Rate.
- Apply Tax to the auto-charge given. Leaving it set to choose means no tax will be applied.
Send Email Notification Upon Auto-Enrollment To Email Address Of Camp Location.
- An email will be sent to the location email address to notify staff members of the new camp enrollment.