*Important tip: Please note the tabs at the top of the class window, including the Details, Billing, and Schedule tabs.
Instructions for the Details Tab
1. Click New Class in the upper left hand corner of the classes page.
2. Enter the details for the class you are creating. Required fields on the Details tab include a class name, a program for tracking income, min/max ages for students, a maximum number of enrollments, and gender requirements.
The Parent Portal Options allow you to show this class on the web, allow web registration, and offers a class description for customers (available from the parent portal class list).
Instructions for the Billing Tab
3. Go to the Billing Tab. This is where you set up the billing structure for this class.
Add at least one Billing Schedule and Tuition Pair to determine the frequency and dollar amount of the charges for enrollments. Choose a Billing Schedule and a Tuition, then click "Add Billing" to attach it to the class as seen in the table at the top of the image.
If the class uses hourly billing (the tuition rate times the # of class hours) check the box "This class bills hourly." Additionally, choose how to handle proration - over the period of a week or a billing cycle. Then choose over what time frame class hours are counted (total hours in a week or total hours over the month or session using the billing cycle setting).
Choose whether or not to allow Proration and Discounts.
NOTE: If the discount schedule for this class is different from the program on the class, you can Override the Discount Schedule at the bottom of the window.
4. (Optional) The Sessions tab will allow you to attach regular Sessions or Rolling Sessions to a class. Sessions define both a billing time frame and an enrollment timeframe for the class. Rolling Sessions do not affect the length of an enrollment but they do define billing periods for enrollments in the class. If neither is selected, iClassPro assumes the class is continuous with no start and end date and the billing defaults to the calendar month.
Instructions for the Schedule Tab
5. The Schedule tab is a required setting where you can add the days and times that this class meets. Students enrolled in the class will assume all days on the schedule for billing and attendance purposes. If you have a class that is set up to allow students to choose which days they attend, each class day should be set up as its own class.
6. (Optional) The Instructors tab allows you to attach coaches or instructors to the class.
7. (Optional) The Keywords tab allows you to attach one or more keywords to the class for custom filtering options on reports and pages.
8. (Optional after initial save) The Promo Codes tab allows you to determine which promotional codes set up in your account can be applied towards this class. Promo Codes are added under Settings>Setup>General Settings.
9. (Optional) The Custom Fields tab allows you to keep track of additional class information visible only to staff members. Custom fields are added using the class template under Settings>Setup>Class Settings.
10. Remember to save your work!