iClassPro is happy to host an integration with MailChimp!
MailChimp helps you design professional emails, share them on social networks, and track results of your emails.
With the integration, iClassPro can sync an email list in MailChimp with the following family information: email address, first name, last name, gym location, phone, and address.
Benefits of using this feature include:
- Design email templates with your own branding
- Integration with social networking increases the impact of your marketing
- Get live stats about your email campaign
- See more benefits here: http://mailchimp.com/features/all/
Sign Up For A Free* MailChimp Account
- Go to www.MailChimp.com and click the "Sign Up Free" button, and complete the required fields to signup.
- You will receive an email to activate the account. Follow the link in the email.
- After you activate the account, follow the steps on MailChimp to complete setting up your account.
- Once your account is setup, you are ready to integrate that account with iClassPro.
Integrate Your New MailChimp Account With iClassPro
Integrating your MailChimp account is easy! Just generate an API Key from MailChimp, and copy & paste that into your iClassPro settings.
- While logged in MailChimp, go to Account Settings (top right), expand the Extras area, and click "API Keys"
- On the API Keys and Info page, click the grey "Create a Key" button. A key will be generated and displayed on that page.
- Copy the entire key as you will need to paste this in iClassPro.
- While logged into iClassPro as an admin user, click Settings (top right).
- Go to Setup>General Settings>Configure MailChimp.
- In the MailChimp window, simply paste in your API Key.
- We also recommend that you disable the "Send an Opt-In Confirmation Email to Each Recipient" option. This prevents MailChimp from sending an Opt In email to confirm with your customers that it is okay to be added to each MailChimp list controlled through this integration. If the email is sent and a parent does opt-in after receiving the email, a followup email is sent from MailChimp with all of the family's contact information included for verification. Since the customer has already provided you with this contact information and an unsubscribe option is available in both iClassPro and MailChimp to stop unwanted emails, the opt in email is not a necessary step and may be confusing to some customers.
- Click Save. That's it!
Create An Emailing List
First, create a list in MailChimp for iClassPro to sync with. Creating a mailing list is easy!
- Go to the lists menu in MailChimp.
- Click the "Create list" button and follow the steps.
- For more help creating a list in MailChimp, see this article: http://kb.mailchimp.com/article/how-do-i-create-a-new-list
Sync a list from iClassPro
In iClassPro, you can select a group of families to sync information into your MailChimp List. This can be done from the family page, student page, or staff page.
- While logged in iClassPro, go to the family, student, or staff page.
- Use the filters on the left side of any of those list pages to select the group you want to sync.
- After filtering, click the Select All box to select all the records (or select the families/students/staff individually).
- New icons appear at the bottom of the page in iClassPro. Click the MailChimp icon.
- Select the list you created from the drop down menu. Click the save button to start the sync.
- If you have not disabled the Opt In option, the recipients being added will have to confirm their subscription before receiving any emails. After opting in, they will receive a confirmation and appear in your MailChimp List.
Create a Campaign
Once you have an email list, you can create a campaign to send to that list!
- Click the campaigns menu.
- Click the "Create Campaign" button and follow the step-by-step directions.
- For more detailed information on campaigns, see this article: http://kb.mailchimp.com/article/how-do-i-create-a-new-campaign
- After you create a campaign and send it, you can sit back and watch your stats!
There are many powerful features available in MailChimp to make your email campaign a success!
- For an EXCLUSIVE inside look at how we create our own MailChimp emails, click here!
- Using a Constant Contact? Here is a third party comparison of MailChimp's capabilities.
- We think you'll find MailChimp pretty simple to use, but click here for support if you need it!